4th Quarter 2020 | web www.ear2hear.co.za
“Let the peace that comes from Christ rule in your hearts" Colossians 3:15a
This uncertainty and false sense of peace the enemy breeds on the earth brings restlessness in our hearts. Satan himself longs to dominate us with his reign. But the reign he brings is only that of brokenness.
The Bible tells us what will happen if we submit to the peace of this world…
“When people are saying, Everything is peaceful and secure, then disaster will fall on them as suddenly as a pregnant woman’s labor pains begin. And there will be no escape" 1 Thessalonians 5:13 NLT.
- Come to the Lord of peace to give you peace. He will give you peace at all times and in all situations (2 Thessalonians 3:16). Remember Jesus is the giver of peace… but He does so exclusively through the Holy Spirit, His powerful agent on earth(John 14:26; Galatians 5:22).
- Satan may try to rule over you with fear and anxiety. Remember to submit all situations and circumstances to King Jesus so that you may know His peace (Philippians 4:6-7). He sends the Holy Spirit to be the honour guard that keeps your heart and your mind.
- Ask for discernment to know when “a sword" of correction is necessary. Sometimes we need to address situations that are challenging. Peacemakers sometimes cannot tell when they are making peace and when they are compromising. Choose your battles well. Peace is preferred, but at times we need to turn over tables in the temple (Matthew 10:34; Matthew 21:12-13).
- Learn to bless people and homes with God's peace. “Shalom" is the greeting of the Hebrew speaking people. It is a blessing of peace. (Matthew 10:13) But also realise that not every person or home or situation is worthy of peace. You carry the authority of Christ to rule with Him in peace.
- With the authority of the King of peace… be a sower of peace in your family, community and nation (James 3:18). Those who sow in peace are carrying the seeds of peace. They carry these seeds because of they encounter the King of peace in the Spiritual realm and they bring heaven's peace to earth.
We leave you with an awesome song of blessing – May the Lord bless you as you seek Him for his ruling peace…
RESOURCES - News & insights pertaining to Evangelism, Discipleship or Leadership.
With the recent Halloween and All Saints Day celebrations, we felt that the following articles would be of importance to you and those in your community. It is important to be aware of the belief systems we hold to. Evaluate those belief systems and if they do not line up with the witness of the Holy Spirit and the scriptures, then those beliefs systems may be unhealthy and even damaging.
PRAYER - News and insights regarding prayer.
You are welcome to diarise the following prayer events in your calendar. We value your prayer support for the Kingdom work that we and our ministry partners undertake to do:
- Friday: Pray and Fast – 20 November 2020
- Friday: Pray and Fast – 18 December 2020
- PRAYER SESSIONS: Month of January 2020
We publish official prayer lists for you to download on our website. This is done shortly before the event to ensure that we have the most up-to-date prayer information available for you.
Dear Praying Friends,
We are excited to be praying and fasting on 20 November 2020. We invite you to join us wherever you are in the world to take part in this special time. Fasting and praying from 06h00 to 18h00.
If you are a ministry, Church, Christian Organisation, missionary or Kingdom workers – you are invited to send in your prayer requests if you would like us to pray for you. We will add you prayer requests to the official prayer list.
We are also making a special opportunity open for Christians who need work or Christians who need prayer for their businesses or Christians who need prayer for their employers or colleagues. You are welcome to submit your prayer requests as well.
Closing date for submissions is 17 November 2020 @13h30.
CARE - News and insights for caring communities.
With your help we have had the privilege of putting together gift bags for 250 vulnerable children. Along with the gifts REFILWE ORPHAN CARE came to collect household goods for homes that were burnt down in the rural settlement due to an accident with a candle.
Our thanks to everyone who participated and contributed towards this project.
EAR2HEAR supports a number of organisations and projects because people who care have been giving towards the needs of others…
- New and second hand clothes for men, women and children support homeless men; houses of safety and feeding schemes.
- Non perishable food contributions feed people living on the street and at feeding schemes.
- Stationery, books and crafts help children with extra-mural activities and support them with school projects.
- Wool and unworked-cloth help the elderly and various projects uplift the community.
- Finances help when we need to purchase fresh produce from the market in bulk!
- Contact us for delivery points or,
- Consider supporting us – follow the link for our banking details.
NETWORK - News from organic partnerships and friendships.
Help us spread the word – so other may know what we are doing in the Kingdom.